<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://suzandthesun.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Suz & the Sun: Holidays in Sweden - Malmö, Gothenburg and Falsterbo

Sunday 19 February 2017

Holidays in Sweden - Malmö, Gothenburg and Falsterbo

Gothenburg. Sweden city hall
I'm finally uploading the pictures from our Christmas & New Years up north. I finally got my hands on my dad's Canon (which I subsequently took possession of, Merry Christmas to me), so we spent quite some time messing around with it over the 10 days we were there. 

It’s always nice to go home for the holidays. Seeing as my ‘home’ doesn’t really exist anymore, PJ and I spent the holidays at my parent’s new place in the south of Sweden (along with our cat and dog - that was a long 12 hour road trip).

We arrived on the night of the 22nd and were out shopping the next day! I can’t say that Belgian shopping is better than Swedish. I just can’t. Plus my parents live right off of Gustav Adolf Torget, which just so happens to have all of the shops I love nearby, with the addition of Samsoe & Samsoe down the street…

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with my grandpa in Falsterbo by the beach, where we also spent New Year’s day (check the pics later) after a hilarious NYE with some friends at their house and then sparklers and singing outside of Malmö Opera. 

Christmas in Gothenburg

In between then, Peej took me on a little road trip up to Gothenburg! I went 2 years ago with my Canadian ladies (which was one of the weirdest experiences of my life), but this time we spent all the time in the world doing what we wanted to do as old people. This included me being wayyyy too excited about seeing a Sephora, attempting to visit a viking ship that was actually a deceptively named hotel, having the snarkiest bartender at ÖlRepubliken, having beer spilled all over PJ while watching a hockey game, and playing boules/bocce in the basement of BouleBar across from the Feskekôrka (fish church).

Statue of Poseidon on Avenyn, GothenburgBoulebar Gothenburg

Gothenburg recommendations:
Boulebar, for no other reason than being so much fun
Wasabi Wok & Sushi (We'd already had so much Swedish food and that edamame with curry paste and sea salt - my mouth is watering while I think about it)
The Edblad store to shop fun jewels - even PJ bought something
Walking by city hall on a sunny day
Check the awesome statues, especially Poseidon on Götaplatsen up Avenyn. 
The NK department store, especially fun during sales
Da Matteo (on Magasinsgatan) for coffee and pizza (not at the same time - unless you’re into that, no judgement)
Every single design store you can possibly walk into 
Slottskogen to see the outdoor zoo and ALL of the kids playing. Especially funny in winter when they’re all wrapped up like marshmallows
If you have time, the Natural History Museum is like taking a trip back in time, and they have the world’s only stuffed whale? G-borg, you weird. 
Haga Nygata, and specifically Café Husaren for huge kanelbullar and hot coffee on a cold day, or take your kaffe to go and walk the sunlit street!

 photo IMG_2531_zpskpxuz7rx.jpg
Feskekôrka, Gothenburg

The hills of Slottsskogen, Gothenburg
Sunset over Slottsskogen
The view outside of the natural history museum, Slottskogen, Gothenburg
Haga Nygatan
Walking down Haga Nygatan in Gothenburg
A statue in Gothenburg

Basically, just walking around was such a joy. We spent a lot of time outside, and next time we’ll go back during the summer and do some canoeing on the archipelago with some friends!

The rest of our trip was pretty low key, considering I had to work one day and we had a pretty exciting NYE. Though Peej finally got to his first hockey game, and the Malmö Redhawks won 6-0 from Orebro. Redhawks fans for life, now. 

I’m already looking forward to going back to see my family (and all my aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives that will fly in) for Midsummer, and to FINALLY see my friends from my corridor in Lund. We missed each other this time and it was tragic. 

A final picture of my boys on the beach, close to where we'll be singing and dancing this summer:

French Bulldog on the beach in Falsterbo, Sweden

If you have any other recommendations for places to see/things to do in southern Sweden for next time I go, because I definitely have not seen it all, let me know!

xox, 
Suz

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home